Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coping With Leaving The PJs

I’ve been packing up my house all morning. I’m graduating on Saturday and moving to Virginia on Sunday. And I just had a major breakdown.


I’ve been waiting for it to hit me.


These last four years have been the best years of my life.


I’m sure I’ve complained pretty much non-stop about the long hours and the little sleep and the cold weather and the smoking and drinking habits of my fellow PJs, but much to my disbelief, I think I secretly loved it all.


I’m extremely excited to start the new chapter of my life and my new job, and I can’t wait to get back to Virginia, but at the same time, I don’t want to leave. I love my Western PJs. They get on my nerves all the time, but I really love them all so much, and would do anything for any of them.


I am so thankful to have had them in my life, and I will give anything to be able to keep them in my life forever.


I wish I’d gotten closer to some of them and hung out more, stayed up later and partied harder, but then I guess I wouldn’t be where I am now.


I’m so thankful for everything that’s happened over the last four years, and for being able to come to Western. I love Western PJ.


I’m 100 percent sure that I’m going to lose it at the annual PJ picnic tomorrow night. I’m going to have to bring a box of tissues. I just can’t believe I’m going to have to say goodbye to everyone.


I’ve always said I hate Kentucky, but the truth is, whether I want to admit it or not, Kentucky has become my home.


I never thought I’d want to come back to Kentucky after I graduate, but I do hope that I can come back someday and visit the people and places that I’ve grown to love.


Here are some (yes, a lot, I know) pictures from some of my favorite memories from the last four years with my best PJ friends, and one from a story subject.








































No comments: